Release notes: v1.0.1
In this patch: various bugfixes and improvements.
...Oh, alright then:
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to crash if you completed it without firing a shot¹
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to crash when you pressed the quit button²
- Removed references to unimplemented game mechanics in the evolution phase
- Replaced the default splash screen when loading
- Added a version number label to the title screen
And yes, there are mechanics that I hoped to implement, but didn't have time to, so a post-jam edition is definitely on the cards. ;)
¹ This is possible by the advanced tactic of starting every level by darting to the upper-right or left of the screen and hoping you don't get smacked in the face by a rock.
² The quit button called a function called quit(), which then proceeded to call itself - not get_tree().quit() - putting the game in an infinite loop. The denizens of the Godot Wild Jam Discord server, once they had managed to stop laughing, noted that the bug did, at least, have the intended effect.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.